Radio wire harness

Lxxtsy

JK Enthusiast
I have wiring harness that I used with my Tj, attached pic. Can I use the same harness to plug into the factory JK wire harness? For now I'd like to get the single din radio until future radio upgrade. My rollbar/knee panel speakers and tweeters have been upgraded.

20220906_173426.jpg

I'd say no...for one any aftermarket harness has to tell the computer via the CAN bus the radio is there and to turn on the relay to supply power.

I pulled the factory radio from my 2012 while we were driving to Montana via dirt roads and wired in a $20 cheapo from Walmart. Crimping connections while bouncing is fun. The harness adapter was $50 but I figured I can reuse it when we purchase a decent double DIN stereo.

-Mac

Reactions: Lxxtsy
I'd say no...for one any aftermarket harness has to tell the computer via the CAN bus the radio is there and to turn on the relay to supply power.

I pulled the factory radio from my 2012 while we were driving to Montana via dirt roads and wired in a $20 cheapo from Walmart. Crimping connections while bouncing is fun. The harness adapter was $50 but I figured I can reuse it when we purchase a decent double DIN stereo.

-Mac
is this what you ended up buying?

harness.jpg

Picked up the radio interface kit and it worked like a champ. Just don't have steering control options. Went with single din and sounds good with the new speakers.

20220909_162844.jpg

Reactions: mrjp