Radio Upgrade Advice

scocoh

I have a 2017 Wrangler Unlimited Sport with the Alpine radio system. Can anyone offer advice on a Plug and Play radio that offers Car Play?
Do any of these units allow the use of the factory Mic for hands free?

Not looking to break the bank, just would like Car Play.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best source is crutchfield. They really guide you through all the stuff you need. You will have to get a canbus to allow for stearing wheel controls as well as just functionality given that you have the higher end stock system.

In regard what deck to get, you should be able to filter your search parameters. Wireless car play is a thing now, but you will probably pay for it. I can't speak to the ability to use the stock mic, but you probably can.

I have a kenwood deck and while I like it for the most part. You really go wrong with any of the big name brands. Read the reviews, crutchfield is a place to be trusted.

Reactions: Daddyo2373 and mrjp
I have a 2017 Wrangler Unlimited Sport with the Alpine radio system. Can anyone offer advice on a Plug and Play radio that offers Car Play?

I have a 2014 Wrangler JK and have had two Apple Car Play units. The first one was a Pioneer unit that died two days after the one-year warranty expired, so I don't recommend that one, even though it was highly recommended online. My latest unit, a Kenwood DMX9707S has (so far) been fine and it's about half the price of the Pioneer ($400). My only complaint is screen glare when my top is off. When I bought these units I wanted them to be wireless, meaning you don't have to plug in your phone when you get in your Jeep. This feature limits the amount of units available to you, but I love this feature. I recommend going to Best Buy for the purchase. Free installation, and for $50 you can get an extended warranty. Anybody ever notice the sound is even better with the top off?! Weird but true!

I have a 2014 Wrangler JK and have had two Apple Car Play units installed. The first one, a Pioneer, died two days after the one-year warranty expired, so I don't recommend that one, even though it's highly recommended online. My latest unit, a Kenwood DMX9707S has been fine (so far), and at $400 is about half the price of the Pioneer. My only complaint is glare on the screen when my top is off. When I purchased these units I wanted them to be wireless, meaning you don't have to plug in your phone when you get in your Jeep. This feature limits the amount of available units, but I love this feature and it works flawlessly. I recommend going to Best Buy because of the free installation, and for an additional $50 you get an extended warranty. Good luck! By the way, anybody notice the sound quality is even better with the top off?! How is that possible..? But it's true!