Radio mounts

Stargate Fox

I have a 08 Jeep jk 2dr. My radio has top mounts most factory radio on eBay have side mounts even though they say they will fit. So do all 08 have top mounts ? Did they change to side mount in a certain year?

Hopefully someone chimes in, because this is news to me. I have to imagine there are adapters in the worst case.

What does Crutchfield say? They would likely have the answer to this.

So are you talking about the type of install kit that you need for an aftermarket stereo? When you say radio I'm not sure if you are talking the built in music player or a CB that was installed, or some other device.

When I look at stock radio on eBay like 430n or 130 some have side mounts and some (seems like fewer choices) have top mounts like mine. Assuming if I bough a stock radio with side mounts it wouldn’t work unless I fabricated something. Some radio’s for sale don’t show the location on mounts in the picture.

Different types of mounts

62EEFCBF-1506-402D-8E70-7A8F42EBC858.jpg

82E7CF5F-A56C-4210-BACB-7B87CC7B5DBB.jpg

i have a 2012, but from what i recall when i wired my backup camera was that it was side mounted.

edit: found a photo of my install.

_LB-thVgmofC2jG3qv7o-YDg=w3000-h1422-no?authuser=0.jpg

430N are used in a lot of different cars though (chrysler dodge and jeep) so the one you found might not be for the jeep.

Reactions: Chris
I used the same mounts for my 2009 as I had for my 2014. I literally pulled the stereo out of my wrecked 14 and put it into my 09. All side mounts. Though I've only had 4 doors in my JKs. There have been some strange things that are different between the 09 and the 14, so I can only guess that there is a similar thing between 2 and 4 door.