Radio isn't working

buddcm81

Supporting Member
Recently purchased a 2015 JK. It has Uconnect 130 radio. AM and FM do not work (no sound). Satellite works, but it cuts out every 2 or 3 seconds. Display works, volume works and I can cycle through all of the various features (setup, phone pairing, etc.)

Any ideas on the cutting in and out? I don't necessarily need AM/FM. I can get by with an aux cord, but the continuous cutting out is annoying.

Thanks.

By cutting out, do you mean the signals are being lost or the whole radio shutting down and back on?

Reactions: BigAL07
There are a lot of good head units out there that won't break the bank. Just replace it and get rid of the headaches
This. I have always hated the junk head units Jeep installs.
I replaced both of ours with THESE units from Amazon. Added THIS backup camera. Less than $300 for the whole shebang. Works with the factory steering wheel controls. Took a couple hours to install each one, most of which was deciding where to mount the camera, and running wiring.

This. I have always hated the junk head units Jeep installs.
I replaced both of ours with THESE units from Amazon. Added THIS backup camera. Less than $300 for the whole shebang. Works with the factory steering wheel controls. Took a couple hours to install each one, most of which was deciding where to mount the camera, and running wiring.
Can you answer a few questions on this head unit? Can you cast, or mirror your cell phone screen to the head unit display? How many camera's can you hook to it? Only wired Android Auto? Have you had it a while? Sorry, it looks to good to be true. lol

Reactions: franka548
Can you answer a few questions on this head unit?
Always happy to try.
Can you cast, or mirror your cell phone screen to the head unit display?
Yes.
How many camera's can you hook to it?
Just one, as far as I know.
Only wired Android Auto?
It supports Android and CarPlay. CarPlay is wired or wireless, but Android is wired only. It's also a fully functioning Android 10 tablet, so you can install things like YouTube or what have you.
Have you had it a while?
Only a few weeks. But both certainly seem to function just fine.
Sorry, it looks to good to be true. lol
I should mention that it's not exactly as the photos on Amazon show. The dash on the JK is one piece, from drivers side to the passenger side of the radio/HVAC. The version pictured requires replacement of that panel with 3 pieces. Which adds to the price, of course. The version I have does not change the dash panel. You remove the dash and OEM radio. There is a bracket included in the kit that bolts into the OEM radio mount. The head unit just snaps into place after the dash is back together. Which means if you want to do other things in that space (like add a backup cam) you can just pop it back out. The larger screen (10" is really pretty big...) does overlap the power window controls a bit. Not enough to make using them at all difficult, though, it's strictly visual. And that's a height thing. I'm 6'1", and it blocks me seeing the top of the power window switch panel. I can see the buttons just fine. My wife, who is 5'7", can see the entire panel.
I posted this picture in another thread.
1663704598202.png

The other thing worth mentioning is that neither of the ones I bout arrived with ANY installation instructions. None. But the wiring is pretty much idiot proof. Things will only plug in one way to one place. The sole exception to this is the antenna. If you have satellite radio, you will have two connectors. You want the white one.

Reactions: Qaddiction and mrjp