Radio advice / troubleshooting

IndominusHuman

JK Enthusiast
Hello all,

The PO of my Jeep installed the kenwood ddx9903s head unit. I like it, super fast and has nice features, however, I have some questions. I'm not sure if anyone has this unit so it is a shot in the dark. The unit has the feature to have your info (speed, rpm, fuel level by percentage, etc.). I have it connected to the obdII port, but they do not function. This would be a cool feature to have.

Second question, and this may be the antenna, most stations come in clear and crisp with the "HD radio" function except the main radio station I like to listen to on the way to work (go figure). Any advice? I'm thinking this may be the antenna even though i took it off, cleaned the treads, and made sure it was screwed in well.

Any chance you have the owners manual? If not, you can find the PDF online, that will tell you how to get those features to work.

The second issue sounds like the antenna to me, or just the fact that that station might have poor signal strength where you happen to be.

Reactions: IndominusHuman
I doubt all those features will work on your Jeep. Radio station may be competing with another on same frequency. Try using the loc feature