Radiator replacement options?

Edvm

So my factory radiator went out last year after leaking for over a year, bought a cold case replacement and that’s leaking as well for about 6 months now, any suggestions on replacements? 2014 2dr Rubicon

There are some aftermarket companies that make some real nice aluminum ones have you checked on any of them? I haven't had the need for one yet so I don't know if there are companies that make any for the JK's yet or not, i'll check later when I get a chance.

I just looked real quick and I found this one, they make some nice one's but expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GQJCL1A/?tag=jkforum-20

I've never heard anything but horror stories with any of the aftermarket brands, including Griffin, Mishimoto, and any of the local auto part store brands as well.

Given the choice between any replacement, I'd choose an OE Mopar radiator any day of the week.

Reactions: IndiaWhiskey
So my factory radiator went out last year after leaking for over a year, bought a cold case replacement and that’s leaking as well for about 6 months now, any suggestions on replacements? 2014 2dr Rubicon
I just put my fourth radiator in and it is a factory one. All 3 aluminum radiators leaked within 4 to 6 months and the last one was cold case. 2015 4dr sport
20200203_163432.jpg

20200203_163432.jpg

I just put my fourth radiator in and it is a factory one. All 3 aluminum radiators leaked within 4 to 6 months and the last one was cold case. 2015 4dr sportView attachment 115421

View attachment 115420

Yep, not surprised to hear this at all.

I've never heard of any aftermarket aluminum radiator making it longer than 2 years (and even that's a stretch). Griffin, Misimoto, etc. You name it and they all leak sooner rather than later.

For this treason I will continue to recommend the OE Mopar radiator, as at least you know they have some quality control, whereas all the aftermarket companies do not seem to.

I cannot and will not recommend OEM Mopar radiators as replacement. Between 3 JK's & a KL, I've gone through several.

That said, there isn't an aftermarket radiator on the market that is better than stock. And that really sucks.

And I'm shopping for the best price on a Mopar radiator.

Good luck.

Reactions: Nivek111070