Questions on swapping a Challenger 3.6 into a JK

BORDERBUM

Ok, bought a 15 jku , no motor, etc.

Question.. what would be needed to put a challenger 3.6 into a 15 jku? Flashing etc is a given... but what about wiring plugs etc? The same? Thank you for any answers in advance!
Jeff

Never seen it done before, but I can tell you that a host of things will be different including most likely A/C mounting points, power steering mounting points, alternator, etc.

The short block is the same, but the way the things bolt on it is likely very, very different. The easiest way would be to get the short block from the Challenger (just the engine) and swap it into your JK, bolting on the JK accessories and brackets to the Challenger block. That is of course assuming that the mounting points on the Challenger 3.6 block are the same.

Given that there are so many unknowns here (and I didn't find any into on it on Google), I think you may have to be the trail blazer on this one.

Would you find a Challenger at a local(ish) Pick and Pull or similar?

I put a Buick V6 (They're in every Holden Commodore here) into an old Mercedes that I wanted to comfortably daily.
They're common as mud here so I went to my local Pick'a'part and started tearing into one. Taking photos, making wiring diagrams, pulling the thing to bits to get an understanding of how it all looked. (Sorry to the Pick'a'part owner!) But it meant I was prepared enough to know how everything looked and worked, and didn't cost me a cent

Reactions: Chris
It also might be worth finding a local salvage yard with a wrecked Challenger or Charger 3.6 and going to look at it in person to visually inspect things.

If you check out http://car-part.com, you'll see you can search local wrecking yards to see if any of them have one laying around. That's what I would do if possible.