Question for owners of 2dr JKs: Where have you mounted your fire extinguisher?

F

FLGeezer

I'm looking for a place to mount a fire extinguisher in my 2 door JK. I knew when I bought this thing that storage was going to be tight.

It doesn't look like there's any room between the door and the driver's seat down low when the door is closed. I don't want to put it in front of my seat as I think it would get in my way. I have a manual transmission so I've got my seat forward a bit more than I usually do in order for mashing the clutch.

In a search of the forum, one member mentioned having a molle panel on the back of the passenger seat and they mounted it there. That's a thought.

Any other suggestions?

And the purpose of having a 10lb ABC, is in case you create a wild fire, while off roading?

Halon is good for engine fires, and Fighter Jets. And if you need Halon for your engine, like having very $$$ golf shoes to improve your game at 30 over Par. All Good

I feel the extinguishers should be accessible from outside the Jeep. On the roll bar is OK if it's topless. Mine fit just fine between the seat and door. I have one on each side.
20230512_080357.jpg
20230512_080419.jpg

Reactions: Dirty Dog
I didn't think I'd have room where you have yours, with the door closed. Looks like yours is tucked under a bit so I might take another look at putting it there.