question about my jeep

cashmoneyy

so i’m having a problem with my 2011 jeep wrangler, i just got it and when i’m driving it, it seems to vibrate randomly. the best way i can describe it is like your going off the shoulder of the road and hitting those bumps. it’ll only last for a few seconds but it happens often. i would like to say that my back tire has uneven tread on it, it has a big line missing in the tire. i don’t think they have been balanced but idk if that could cause it.

so i’m having a problem with my 2011 jeep wrangler, i just got it and when i’m driving it, it seems to vibrate randomly. the best way i can describe it is like your going off the shoulder of the road and hitting those bumps. it’ll only last for a few seconds but it happens often. i would like to say that my back tire has uneven tread on it, it has a big line missing in the tire. i don’t think they have been balanced but idk if that could cause it.

More then likely it's a problem with the front suspension and the tire got messed up so they put it on the rear.

You bought it with at least one half-bald tire and missing lug nuts when you're not mechanically inclined? Dude... You know what they say about hindsight...

Go to a tire shop. If you have "a big line missing", replace your tires. They will balance them too. And when they're remounted, you need to get all the lug nuts on. Get it aligned immediately. If that doesn't fix it, the next step is to look for badly worn or damaged steering and suspension components - bushings, drag link, tie rods, steering box...

It kind of sounds like you're describing mild death wobble. If it is, it will absolutely get worse - and more dangerous - until you fix it. Don't wait.

Welcome to death wobble!

I'd definitely look at replacing the tires.

I'd jack up the front and feel out the wheels. Should be smooth.

If you're lucky it's tires. Could be rims. Hubs. Bushings. Links. Lots of things. Bent axles.

String works good for eyeballing alignment...get a string just off the rear tires and see if it's parallel with the front...it should be every slightly toed in.

-Mac