Question about JK soft top and potential water leaks

s1rGr1nG0

I've noticed on my 2015 JK 4 door that when driving at hwy speed the top raised up about 1/4 inch above the passenger side front door and I can actually see outside through it. The top is a little loose there and doesn't go all the way down to the door the way it does on the drivers side. My only real concern is driving in the rain and having water flowing in from there.
I bought the JK last Friday and we have an extended warranty. Should I bother with trying to make a claim to have it replaced or just get some velcro tape and be done with it?

The tops never fit perfect IMHO, especially when it comes to being 100% uniform on all sides. I wouldn't worry about it now, but I would keep an eye on it next time it rains, just in case. Mine have been like this on every Wrangler I've owned, and never had an issue.

The tops never fit perfect IMHO, especially when it comes to being 100% uniform on all sides. I wouldn't worry about it now, but I would keep an eye on it next time it rains, just in case. Mine have been like this on every Wrangler I've owned, and never had an issue.
I also highly doubt this is covered by the extended warranty. In my experience that only covers drivetrain *if that with their sneaky tactics*

Reactions: Chris
Our extended warranty is bumper to bumper. We specifically verified that it was more than just drive train when we were looking over the paperwork. I have an appointment with the service department Friday morning for them to look at it. They should either fix it or replace it. We’ll see! 👍🏼

Reactions: IndominusHuman
Our extended warranty is bumper to bumper. We specifically verified that it was more than just drive train when we were looking over the paperwork. I have an appointment with the service department Friday morning for them to look at it. They should either fix it or replace it. We’ll see! 👍🏼
Oh good! Bumper to bumper is a great thing!

Reactions: s1rGr1nG0
Definitely let us know. I've found that even the nicest Bestops do never seem to fit 100% perfect. I mean they fit perfect, but a seam on one side might be slightly out of alignment with a seam on the other side for instance. Like I said, I'd actually drive it in the rain (or put a hose on it) and see if it's actually an issue, or just cosmetic.

Also, post a picture if you get a chance. I'd like to see what exact the difference is with the passenger and driver side. Sometimes a visual helps.

OK, got my JK back from the dealership last night. The tension cable that runs down the soft top on the passengers side was broken. They replaced the cable and now the top fits snug and works great!

Thanks for the update. Glad it was easy to fix, and I guess your extended warranty is paying for itself!

I just bought a JK 2 weeks and have noticed mine comes up a smidge when I’m driving. I also got the Bumper to Bumper so I’m going to run mine in and see if it’s my tension cable too...because it is in that area.