PSA: code PO60DD not what you think

DavidTJ

My sons 2012 Jk started showing code
PO60DD which relates to oil pressure not going high on two speed pump or sensor issue Knowing the 2012 had some sensor issues and faulty oil coolers I replace the oil cooler assembly with sensor, still had the same issues
Next checked was getting signal to solonoid so I ordered a new oil pump
When I opened the oil pan I was shocked the silicon gasket maker had broken down inside pan and clogged oil screen on pump
This Jeep has been in our family since new so this is the original gasket materials from factory , while in there went ahead and changed pump and now all is well
I am still in shock that this product would break down to such a level

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_3422.jpeg

PO60DD which relates to oil pressure not going high on two speed pump or sensor issue Knowing the 2012 had some sensor issues and faulty oil coolers I replace the oil cooler assembly with sensor, still had the same issues
When I opened the oil pan I was shocked the silicon gasket maker had broken down inside pan and clogged oil screen on pump
This Jeep has been in our family since new so this is the original gasket materials from factory , while in there went ahead and changed pump and now all is well

View attachment 126984

View attachment 126985

So they don't use a gasket from the Factory?

Nope like most newer cars oil pans axles even some water pump assembly etc no gasket just silicon gasket maker

And it is REALLY difficult to break free if you have to get to the pump. I'm talking breaker bars & multiple points of leverage to even make it think about starting to separate.

p.s. I changed the pump & solenoid (and oil cooler & sensor) on my 2012. P06DD came right back each time.

Reactions: BLACKJKU

View attachment 126984

View attachment 126985
Thats crazy..well hopefully your son can enjoy his ride again without any more issues...keep the shinny side up

And it is REALLY difficult to break free if you have to get to the pump. I'm talking breaker bars & multiple points of leverage to even make it think about starting to separate.

p.s. I changed the pump & solenoid (and oil cooler & sensor) on my 2012. P06DD came right back each time.
Yes exactly it’s stuck like hell that’s why was surprised how the glue that was exposed to oil broke down

So they don't use a gasket from the Factory?
It's industrial RTV which works great as long as the surface is prepped correctly - perfectly clean, no oil or contaminants, etc.

This is by far the cheapest gasket and thus, why the OEMs like to use it.

The other popular style is Press-in-place (PiP). This is a polymer gasket that sits inside of a preformed groove. Very common with composite pans, covers, etc.