Power Steering Pooped Out

not_batman

08 Jk, 162k miles. Power steering went out while I was doing donuts in a dirt parking lot… no fluid leaking, can’t see any hoses disconnected… I’ve had my “change oil” signal on for a while, but I changed the oil recently and just didn’t reset the code, I’ve heard of other cars going into limp mode if problems don’t get addressed, has anyone heard of this with a Jeep? Or any other thoughts?

Yes when there is a electrical problem that doesn't get fixed it can cause the vehicle not to run. Limp mode is usually with a automatic transmission problem from what i've heard.

My change oil message came on about 500 miles after I changed my oil and I even reset it. I change my oil when I think it needs it not when a message says to.

Yes when there is a electrical problem that doesn't get fixed it can cause the vehicle not to run. Limp mode is usually with a automatic transmission problem from what i've heard.

My change oil message came on about 500 miles after I changed my oil and I even reset it. I change my oil when I think it needs it not when a message says to.
Yeah, I do the same with changing my oil, I just haven’t reset the message yet this time because I was being lazy.
My transmission is manual, I’ll keep digging…