Potential JK purchase

Wilderness68

I am new to jeeps but have been reading up on them over the last 6 months and have friends who own them. I am surrounded by trails and off road options here in Arizona. I wanted to see if I could get some perspectives on this potential jeep purchase? (JK Moab 2013 with 107K miles). The vehicle has over 100k miles with 3 owners and minor damage to front from minor crash. It is supposedly up to date with all services and has new brakes and spark plugs. I have read that JKs 2013-2018 are best options from a perspective of reliability and engine quality. Assuming that the vehicle does not have rust problems, is this a fair buy? As someone who is not planning on doing any mechanical work myself, am I asking for trouble with a jeep of 10 years + with this mileage? I am planning on using this as a second vehicle and not daily driver. Your perspectives would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

https://audihendersonaoa.cms.dealer...Wrangler-165233ee0a0e08322f4fab8c85c35740.htm

I am new to jeeps but have been reading up on them over the last 6 months and have friends who own them. I am surrounded by trails and off road options here in Arizona. I wanted to see if I could get some perspectives on this potential jeep purchase? (JK Moab 2013 with 107K miles). The vehicle has over 100k miles with 3 owners and minor damage to front from minor crash. It is supposedly up to date with all services and has new brakes and spark plugs. I have read that JKs 2013-2018 are best options from a perspective of reliability and engine quality. Assuming that the vehicle does not have rust problems, is this a fair buy? As someone who is not planning on doing any mechanical work myself, am I asking for trouble with a jeep of 10 years + with this mileage? I am planning on using this as a second vehicle and not daily driver. Your perspectives would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

https://audihendersonaoa.cms.dealer...Wrangler-165233ee0a0e08322f4fab8c85c35740.htm

The 13's,14's and maybe 15's all had engine issues might want to check to see if you can find out if they have been repaired.

Reactions: tJKrider
For that model year I would want to know what engine work has been done, if any (besides the spark plugs you mentioned). As @BLACKJKU said that model year has known issues with both valve seat recession and cam/rocker wear. The health of former can be checked with a leakdown check. The latter can be inspected unless there is already a loud tick present, then it's already confirmed.

I just went through the purchase of a 16 JK and still had the dealer check both to ensure I wasn't inheriting a known issue. They also provided a 4k mi P/T warranty. I paid a bit more but it was worth it to me to have the leakdown completed and some form of warranty, even for a short period...

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Why is the winch pointed at the ground?
If you're planning on any off-highway play (and it sounds like you are) look for a Rubicon instead. You'll get more clearance, 4.10 differential gears instead of 3.23, front and rear lockers instead of open diffs, and 4:1 low range in the transfer case instead of 2:72. Plus what the folks above said.