Possible TIPM issue with 2012

J BUnch

Hello folks!

A few days ago I was driving my 2012 Unlimited Sport on the interstate and felt a slight lurch, like the engine sped up for half a second. I also heard some kind of a click behind the dash and looked down to notice the speedometer and fuel gauge had stopped working. A little bit later I heard the noise again and everything started working. This sequence repeated itself several times over the next hour or so, but I haven't had it happen since. I believe everything else was working, although I can't really be sure as I had no need to use wipers that day and it didn't occur to me to try the blinkers. I say this because in reading other posts it seems that wiper and blinker failure are common with a bad TIPM. Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar issue. Thanks!

I have lost everything controlled on the steering column and wheel except the cruise control. No lights, signals, wipers, horn, information pad on the left of the steering wheel and stereo controls. I have replaced the signal/light switch and still have nothing.
I removed the TIPM and shorted the battery cables together to hard reset it and haven't been able to put it back together yet and see if that fixes anything.
Any help would be appreciated.