Possible exhaust options

Pattar

Hey everyone!

I’m sure this isn’t the first or last time you’ll see an exhaust question but I’m thinking about getting a new exhaust for my jku. I’m looking for a slightly more aggressive exhaust with a deeper tone. I do a lot of 7 hour trips going typically 70-80mph at the 2400-2700 rpm range (rough estimate) so I’d need something that wouldn’t drone in that rpm range.

I was looking at the Borla touring exhaust axle back as well as the MBRP X series axle back exhaust but if any of you have better experience with an even better exhaust for my needs to please let me know! Also does it make a huge difference if a get an axle back exhaust vs a cat back exhaust?

My personal opinion has always been that bolt-on systems you buy online are a huge waste of money.

For a fraction of the cost you can go to your local exhaust shop and they'll custom build you a cat-back exhaust while you wait and usually charge you several hundred at most.

It's not going to make any difference though if it's cat-back or axle-back, none whatsoever. The real sound is going to come from the muffler and how much (or how little) packing it has.

Reactions: Pattar
i recently took off the muffler from my two door and it doesnt sound terrible. i might add a muffler later but im cool for now, just turn up the tunes and roll

My personal opinion has always been that bolt-on systems you buy online are a huge waste of money.

For a fraction of the cost you can go to your local exhaust shop and they'll custom build you a cat-back exhaust while you wait and usually charge you several hundred at most.

It's not going to make any difference though if it's cat-back or axle-back, none whatsoever. The real sound is going to come from the muffler and how much (or how little) packing it has.
That’s a great point thanks for the help!