PO2096 code giving me fits

pnassetta68

I have a 2012 JK that has a code of PO2096 for close to a year now and I have not been able to resolve it. I have changed O2 sensors, I have changed air flow, spark plugs. I have had smoke test done to check for any leaks. I have had my cats on both sides heat tested. I have no leaks in my exhaust. I really need to put an end to this as I need to get emissions done and get my registration renewed. No the only thing that I see when when watching the voltages of my Bank 1 O2 sensors that when idling or doing stop and go driving my downstream O2 sensor basically flat lines while the rest of my O2 sensors look normal. When I do highway driving all my O@ sensors look like they are behaving properly. I have swapped O2 sensors out and swapped sides. The issue always seems to me to be the down stream bank one O2 sensor. I have had Midas look at it and they weren't able to determine cause and quit frankly I don't think they wanted to. I had another mechanic that is more knowledgeable than me look at it and he suggested possibly the PCM. So I replaced the PCM and the 2096 again returns to haunt me. He tested my injectors and says they were ok but I am leaning to that as they are the only thing I haven't replaced. Forgot to mention replaced both cats.

Did you use OEM sensors and other parts? Were the Cats OEM or aftermarket?

Did you do a ECM reset?

I put high flow Cats on and had to put O2 foolers on to get the CEL off for the down stream O2's.

Did you use OEM sensors and other parts? Were the Cats OEM or aftermarket?

Did you do a ECM reset?

I put high flow Cats on and had to put O2 foolers on to get the CEL off for the down stream O2's.
I put walker CATs on as recommended and NTK O2 sensors as everyone seems to swear by them. I didn't have this code till well after replacing my bank 1 cat.
I reset PCM twice and replaced it

I put walker CATs on as recommended and NTK O2 sensors as everyone seems to swear by them. I didn't have this code till well after replacing my bank 1 cat.
I reset PCM twice and replaced it

That's the same sensors I used, i'd say check for a bad wire or connection on that one causing problems.

Reactions: BigAL07 and Danarch
I had the same code and also had a smoke test done but found nothing until I had another smoke test done with pressure and that found a cracked vacuum line on the intake manifold, another time was a harness plug was chewed up by a mouse, this plug is right on top of the motor on the pass side middle, that dam mouse ate the covering off some wires and was throwing all kinds if codes.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp