Please school me on Front Track bar bracket / drag link flip

clinter36

I am collecting the bits and pieces of a 2.5" lift. I am not a "kit" type person so I am cherry picking the items that I like based on much overthinking.

First let me say that I understand an adjustable track bar or bracket or D-link flip is probably not necessary at 2.5". But I don't do things based on necessity, so lets just get that out of the way. (that's not to say I am not interested in opinions - just know it's a question of could it be better if I do.)

I have done some reading on this and I am a little unclear on a couple things.

1) If I add a raised track bar bracket (3") will I need a longer bump stop? ( I think my shocks are going to need a 2" bump stop) Are there any brackets designed in such a way that do not need a longer bumpstop? (not looking at frame side brackets)

2) Some brackets require a drag link flip and some do not. Is this simply because the company chose to incorporate both in one bracket ? or is there another reason

3) Drag link and track bar need to be the same angle for proper suspension geometry ? not sure I am understanding of this.

3) My plan was to go with the JKS drag link flip kit with the raised track bar mount. But after realizing that I need more bump stop, I am pausing to do a little more research.

The purpose of my build is 2.5" lift, 35" tires with a top priority of on road ride and handling and no compromise in quality. Therefore, the benefit of the raised roll center is what I am after.

Other pieces that I have already amassed for this project are: Rock Krawler 2.5" springs, Fox 2.0 shocks, RK rear track bar bracket, rear sway bar links (I believe I can swap the rears to the fronts, RK spring wedge (cant hurt), 315/70 17 K02s on Pro comp wheels. I will machine my own bump stops.

Items to be sorted out in the next week or two: Full set Core4x4 control arms w/rubber bushings (probably skip the track bars unless the axles don't center with the brackets.) And the Front control arm bracket / drag link flip. Plus some little odds and ends - brake lines etc.

Thanks for the help

Reactions: mrjp