Performance Chips

bayoumade

I have a 2011 jk that has 31" tires stock wheels and body. 6 so manual trany. I'm good if I get 17 mpg on the open interstate. If I pull my aluminum bass boat I get 11-12 mpg. And about 12-14 in town wo the boat. What is a good chip to help with gas mileage? I heard bully was but I can't afford a $400+ chip. Thanks

The best "tuner" you can get hands down is an HPTuner MPVI2 and then have it custom tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. However, none of these are going to help you get better fuel economy. That's a myth that some will perpetuate, when in reality anyone who is claiming more MPG is just dealign with the placebo effect.

Someone will come on here and argue with me about this, to which I simply won't respond, because no matter how much they want to convince themselves they saw a MPG gain, they are wrong, plain and simple.

Anyways, you can get a bit more power with a tune and some drivability. Superchips is okay I hear, but HPTuners would be the professional way to go.

The best "tuner" you can get hands down is an HPTuner MPVI2 and then have it custom tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. However, none of these are going to help you get better fuel economy. That's a myth that some will perpetuate, when in reality anyone who is claiming more MPG is just dealign with the placebo effect.

Someone will come on here and argue with me about this, to which I simply won't respond, because no matter how much they want to convince themselves they saw a MPG gain, they are wrong, plain and simple.

Anyways, you can get a bit more power with a tune and some drivability. Superchips is okay I hear, but HPTuners would be the professional way to go.

Chris, is there a "go to" company doing custom tunes for Jeeps?

Chris, is there a "go to" company doing custom tunes for Jeeps?

Yes! I highly recommend this guy, he does outstanding work on Jeeps and a variety of other vehicles as well:

Yes! I highly recommend this guy, he does outstanding work on Jeeps and a variety of other vehicles as well:

Cool. Thanks bud.

I have a 2011 jk that has 31" tires stock wheels and body. 6 so manual trany. I'm good if I get 17 mpg on the open interstate. If I pull my aluminum bass boat I get 11-12 mpg. And about 12-14 in town wo the boat. What is a good chip to help with gas mileage? I heard bully was but I can't afford a $400+ chip. Thanks
[/QUOTE

I went with the Jet Performance Module Stage 1 #9120 ($250). I also did cold air intake and exhaust at the same time so not sure if the chip really did much.

What do you thing about the pedal commander, does it work like they say?

What do you thing about the pedal commander, does it work like they say?

Yes, but it doesn't actually give you any more power. It just makes your throttle much more sensitive. This might give the illusion of more power, but it's actually just adjusting your throttle sensitivity, which on stock JKs is very poor, I must admit.

Yes, but it doesn't actually give you any more power. It just makes your throttle much more sensitive. This might give the illusion of more power, but it's actually just adjusting your throttle sensitivity, which on stock JKs is very poor, I must admit.
So.... would you recommend one or tuner?

So.... would you recommend one or tuner?

I would recommend both a Pedal Commander and and an HPTuner MPVI2. Then you can have the best of both worlds. However, I would talk to someone like https://www.frptuning.com first, as those guys are experts in HPTuners tuning. They may very well be able to adjust the throttle sensitivity via an HPTuners tune thus eliminating the need for the Pedal Commander on top of the HPTuners tune.

I would recommend both a Pedal Commander and and an HPTuner MPVI2. Then you can have the best of both worlds. However, I would talk to someone like https://www.frptuning.com first, as those guys are experts in HPTuners tuning. They may very well be able to adjust the throttle sensitivity via an HPTuners tune thus eliminating the need for the Pedal Commander on top of the HPTuners tune.
Thank you for the advice. New to jeeps and newer vehicles so any advice is always helpful and appreciated