Perfect 3.5 inch lift kit

JK_OWNER_

Hey everyone, I Installed 2.5 inch lift kit on my JK recently, but after doing some ish hard trails, decided that I need more clearance for my 35s, and Im thinking either 3 inch or 3.5 inch, however, I wanna make it perfect, that will work nice and smooth for rock crawling, what should I also replace after putting a 3.5 inch lift? Driveshafts? Anything else? I might go to 37s but not sure if my dana 30 can handle it, so, for now its 35s, reason for moving to 3.5 is because I could that IF I had a little bit more of lift, my frame would not hit any rocks, just by couple of inches, so thats my main concern, looking for some suggestions, thanks

Well 37” would be hard on the Dana 30 especially if you wan to go rock crawling. You are talking a lot of money to go to 37”. Plus you should upgrade your gears for 37’s.

I don’t think a 3” or 3.5” will get you to 37”. It might if you cut the fenders or get aftermarket fenders. Which is an option to give more room with the 2.5” lift.

And if I had a few more inches I’d clear the rocks, there is alway a bigger rock to climb 😃. I do know what you mean with our 2.5” lift I noticed a big difference in on logging roads going over those “moguls” they put on the road.

Reactions: JK_OWNER_
Well 37” would be hard on the Dana 30 especially if you wan to go rock crawling. You are talking a lot of money to go to 37”. Plus you should upgrade your gears for 37’s.

I don’t think a 3” or 3.5” will get you to 37”. It might if you cut the fenders or get aftermarket fenders. Which is an option to give more room with the 2.5” lift.

And if I had a few more inches I’d clear the rocks, there is alway a bigger rock to climb 😃. I do know what you mean with our 2.5” lift I noticed a big difference in on logging roads going over those “moguls” they put on the road.

Yeah, I mean, I'm okay with 2.5 right now, because it does not require to do anything with control arms or driveshaft, so, but if I ever go to 3 inch lift, it will be a full kit, control arms, driveshafts and etc, I feel like I need a little more clearance, but, not sure if those .5 inches will actually help me a lot :/

Personally I knew 35” was the largest of go and researched the lifts and decided on the AEV kit, it was complete. The extra 1” of suspension lift just wasn’t worth the extra cost for me.