Parie City SVOP

Danarch

JK Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
We went out to Parie City SVOP for some wheeling. First time the 16 year really got a chance to try a few things and learn. Dad did a lot walking. Let the wife do a few more difficult obstacles but was busy moving rocks and spotting.

IMG_5271.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpeg
IMG_3545.jpeg
IMG_3550.jpeg

I wish there was something like this here in SoCal!
It had been several years (30 at least) since I has been there. Lots of improvements to the area. The 4x4 area is sort of small compared to dirt bikes, side by sides etc. The club had a run there so we went, figured a great place to teach the kid some basic skills. Then has the wife do a decent rock crawl spot. Only cost $5 to get in. They seem to maintain the area pretty good and have toilet, tables with canopies etc.

Using the same search term, I get lists of hiking and MTB trails.
The only “off road” area is a few ditches on the dirt road near Silverado.
That’s on the trail that goes up to Santiago Peak.
Stock trucks and even some cars go there pretty frequently, so not at all the same caliber as SVOP.

Using the same search term, I get lists of hiking and MTB trails.
The only “off road” area is a few ditches on the dirt road near Silverado.
That’s on the trail that goes up to Santiago Peak.
Stock trucks and even some cars go there pretty frequently, so not at all the same caliber as SVOP.
https://funtreks.com/?post_type=trail&location=california&rating=&vehicle_type=suv-or-pickup-truck

https://www.alltrails.com/us/california

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/search?q=california

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/cleveland/recarea/?recid=47680

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cleveland/recreation/ohv/?cid=stelprdb5277155

A few places to start...

Reactions: WestCoastDan
It had been several years (30 at least) since I has been there. Lots of improvements to the area. The 4x4 area is sort of small compared to dirt bikes, side by sides etc. The club had a run there so we went, figured a great place to teach the kid some basic skills. Then has the wife do a decent rock crawl spot. Only cost $5 to get in. They seem to maintain the area pretty good and have toilet, tables with canopies etc.
What size are your tires that you are running with the AEV 2.5 lift? It's most likely the lift I'm going to use on my stock '16.

Here is a picture of the wife’s jk. It has 33x12.5. They said 35” would fit no problem. Which AEV also states the lift can do. These are aftermarket rims in order to change the back spacing, I’m not a fan of spacers, but that’s me.
IMG_4514.jpeg
IMG_4513.jpeg

Here is a picture of the wife’s jk. It has 33x12.5. They said 35” would fit no problem. Which AEV also states the lift can do. These are aftermarket rims in order to change the back spacing, I’m not a fan of spacers, but that’s me. View attachment 125678View attachment 125679
Thanks for the reply. That looks great and is just what I was looking for.
Rich

Reactions: Danarch
Here is a picture of the wife’s jk. It has 33x12.5. They said 35” would fit no problem. Which AEV also states the lift can do. These are aftermarket rims in order to change the back spacing, I’m not a fan of spacers, but that’s me. View attachment 125678View attachment 125679
Looks great! I'm not a fan of stuffed tires. I like that combo as it leaves some space in the wheel wells...

Places like that are great teaching environments, both for the driver and the spotter. Teaches communication between driver and spotter; driver gets a good idea for speed and control, vehicle reaction to differing approach angles, etc.

We went out to Parie City SVOP for some wheeling. First time the 16 year really got a chance to try a few things and learn. Dad did a lot walking. Let the wife do a few more difficult obstacles but was busy moving rocks and spotting.

View attachment 125605View attachment 125606View attachment 125607View attachment 125608
My first 4X4 received its first workout immediately north of the Prairie City SVOP where the mall complex is now. It was an Isuzu Trooper, 1990, and in 4-Lo could creep along at a pace slower than I walked. I rolled down the windows, and would hop out to open gates while it faithfully chugged on through.

My first 4X4 received its first workout immediately north of the Prairie City SVOP where the mall complex is now. It was an Isuzu Trooper, 1990, and in 4-Lo could creep along at a pace slower than I walked. I rolled down the windows, and would hop out to open gates while it faithfully chugged on through.
Hah. Last time I was at Prairie City was in my Rodeo :) Man its been15-20yrs.
I know all the OHVs have been getting some facelifts. Maybe time to get my daughter (13) some 4Lo seat time for fun, Hollister or Prairie City.

Nice pics @Danarch.

Hah. Last time I was at Prairie City was in my Rodeo :) Man its been15-20yrs.
I know all the OHVs have been getting some facelifts. Maybe time to get my daughter (13) some 4Lo seat time for fun, Hollister or Prairie City.

Nice pics @Danarch.
Get them started young! This was one of my daughters getting some driving time. This was about 20 years ago and I think she was about 15. I think she was still on her learners permit.
PICT0038.JPG PICT0076.JPG PICT0081.JPG