P0571 Code

JFaciane

Hello all,
I another issue I'm trying to solve. My brake lights wouldn't go off while driving, even though I wasn't pressing the brakes. That issue threw a code of P0752. I replaced the brake switch that is on the brake pedal. Today, I went in the trails for about 5 minutes, just to get a lil muddy, lol. As I'm hitting the street my TC light comes on, ESP and BAS light comes on and code P0571 is displayed. From what I could gather the code signifies a bad break switch?? Break switch 1 performance. What does that mean? I bought a bad switch? Was it not installed properly? I have to check the installation of it later when I have time. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Hello all,
I another issue I'm trying to solve. My brake lights wouldn't go off while driving, even though I wasn't pressing the brakes. That issue threw a code of P0752. I replaced the brake switch that is on the brake pedal. Today, I went in the trails for about 5 minutes, just to get a lil muddy, lol. As I'm hitting the street my TC light comes on, ESP and BAS light comes on and code P0571 is displayed. From what I could gather the code signifies a bad break switch?? Break switch 1 performance. What does that mean? I bought a bad switch? Was it not installed properly? I have to check the installation of it later when I have time. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Do you have brake lights and does your cruise control work?

Reactions: mrjp
Do you have brake lights and does your cruise control work?

I do have brake lights. I don't have cruise control though. I've pressed the cruise control button and nothing happens, no lights on the dashboard or anything.

From what I read in the link I gave you that the cruise control not working can set off that P0571. Have you checked for a fuse for the cruise?

Reactions: JFaciane
Ok, the fuse isn't blown. Everytime I turn off my vehicle it resets. The EPS/BAS light may come back on it may not, like a short or something. My cruise control came on for a second and now I can't get it to come back on. I'm not sure what the issue is at this point. It's random for some reason.

Last edited:
Have you checked to make sure all your cables and clamps are clean, a bad ground can cause alot of problems. Maybe also do a reset when you disconnect the battery cables for a few hours.

Have you checked to make sure all your cables and clamps are clean, a bad ground can cause alot of problems. Maybe also do a reset when you disconnect the battery cables for a few hours.
I'll double check that but I think my actual cruise control switch is broken. When I depressed the button to give it a try last night it was weak and malfunctioning. I found a switch for $43 at Advanced Auto. Gonna give that a shot. Taking apart the steering wheel, new job. I haven't done that before but I'm ready to learn. Accessing it shouldn't be difficult and replacing the switch, plug it in and three screws for support.

I'll double check that but I think my actual cruise control switch is broken. When I depressed the button to give it a try last night it was weak and malfunctioning. I found a switch for $43 at Advanced Auto. Gonna give that a shot. Taking apart the steering wheel, new job. I haven't done that before but I'm ready to learn. Accessing it shouldn't be difficult and replacing the switch, plug it in and three screws for support.

I'm not sure a non OEM will fix it these Jeeps have to have OEM on the engine related stuff or it won't work right. They make the Computers do more then they need to on these Jeeps. But you could always try what you have.

I'm not sure a non OEM will fix it these Jeeps have to have OEM on the engine related stuff or it won't work right. They make the Computers do more then they need to on these Jeeps. But you could always try what you have.
Ok, maybe I’ll hold off then. I’ll take the original switch apart and clean it up, check the spring in the inside and all that stuff if I can. I’ll order the one from Mopar if that doesn’t work so it’s the OEM. I’d hate to replace it with non OEM and start getting some other codes and have to trace everything down. Thanks again

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Something else to think about:
I slipped into a snow covered pond. The ABS, Anti-Skid and Cruise Control stopped working along with the appropriate dash light show.
Being lazy I ignored cleaning anything which was good as the wheel sensor is enclosed anyway. Now, a couple weeks later everything is dry and everything works.
20210123_120604.jpg
20210123_114743.jpg

Something else to think about:
I slipped into a snow covered pond. The ABS, Anti-Skid and Cruise Control stopped working along with the appropriate dash light show.
Being lazy I ignored cleaning anything which was good as the wheel sensor is enclosed anyway. Now, a couple weeks later everything is dry and everything works.View attachment 117943View attachment 117944
Yea, after yesterdays initial light show it hasn't came back yet. Your pics are awesome by the way. In the one with you on the hood, the tension is tight on the winch and it looks as if you're about to take a dive lol

Reactions: Michael Shatto