Overactive Key Fob

longlivenintendo

JK Enthusiast
Hey yall. Has anyone had what I'm calling a crazy fob that constantly wants to lock the car resulting in frequent honks and if it goes on enough draining of the battery? What could be the issue? Changed batteries and didn't notice anything particularly wrong with the gubbins inside. I have the jeep jscan app and I hear you can program new fobs with it. Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a thread that discusses this!? Happy Christmas and holidays everyone!

If you have two working key fob's, you don't need J-Scan to program a new fob. With two working fob's you can program a new fob with key on ignition cycles. If only one working key fob, then yes you'll need J-Scan to do it yourself.

Reactions: tJKrider
I got one key with my used JK. . . .and after about a week every time I would touch or twist the top of the key the panic alarm would go off - very annoying.

I programmed another fob and got the key cut - and now I'm simply using that key - including the cost of JScan it was under $50. Solved my hyper active key problem - the original key is now the reserve second key.

Reactions: tJKrider
Hey yall. Has anyone had what I'm calling a crazy fob that constantly wants to lock the car resulting in frequent honks and if it goes on enough draining of the battery? What could be the issue? Changed batteries and didn't notice anything particularly wrong with the gubbins inside. I have the jeep jscan app and I hear you can program new fobs with it. Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a thread that discusses this!? Happy Christmas and holidays everyone!
I had a crazy fob. Nothing I did to it fixed the problem. It was constantly locking and unlocking. Ended up getting a new fob off of eBay.