Over heating at highway speeds

noahs2015jk

i drive a 2015 jeep wrangler sport with the 3.6 v6. i had my radiator, radiator fan, thermostat, water pump, and temperature sensor replaced. the jeep reads 226 around town with the radiator fan constantly on high. how ever at highway speeds i cant exceed 770 to 75 mph without my temps shooting to 230+ any idea what this could be? the jeep has over heated one time which is why i replaced all of the cooling system. I have also noticed that the fan is extremely loud and someone told me it may be mounted backwards. is that possible? if so how do i tell.

BLACKJKU

Staff Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
There is a problem with some of the JK's with a auto trans that the LU converter was causing a overheating issue.

BLACKJKU

Staff Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Another thing if you didn't get all the air out when you had your cooling system opened up it will cause a overheat. Jack the front of the Jeep up and remove the radiator cap then let it sit for a few minutes then check the coolant level.

MacGuyver

JK Enthusiast
Another thing if you didn't get all the air out when you had your cooling system opened up it will cause a overheat. Jack the front of the Jeep up and remove the radiator cap then let it sit for a few minutes then check the coolant level.
Getting the air of these is a huge pain in the rear. The front needs to be higher than the rear, hill or jack. Open the rad cap on a cool engine and start it up, put the heater on high and keep it topped off. It may take awhile, you should be good if really really hot air is blowing out of the vents.

The overflow tank isn't the place to fill the radiator fyi