Operating RPM for 3.6 Penstar (2012-2018)?

Hooperdog

JK Enthusiast
What's operating RPM range for the 3.6? Meaning where are most of you guys running them, ( preferably the lifted guys) seems like between 2k-4k but still figuring it out here, thanks. I know their all different so just askin for input.

For me I like to keep it around the high 2K RPM mark at cruising speeds. So for instance, a highway cruising speed of 70 MPH would ideally be around 2800 RPM or so.

Reactions: Hooperdog
Not that this helps, but I keep my revs at 4k. It makes my dual exhaust really loud and lets the wild turkeys we got from Michigan for our moose (the Ontario Michigan swap yrs ago) off my country road. This is my back yard last winter.
P1010060.JPG

For me I like to keep it around the high 2K RPM mark at cruising speeds. So for instance, a highway cruising speed of 70 MPH would ideally be around 2800 RPM or so.
thanks that's above the green area on he tach lol.... that's about where I'm at now with the 456's

thanks that's above the green area on he tach lol.... that's about where I'm at now with the 456's

That's where I would want to be, so I think you're good. Some might say it's too high, but I disagree 100%. The green thing on the dash doesn't mean much IMHO. The engine can sustain much higher RPMs, and it should if you want to keep it in it's power band. The green RPM band is just indicative of where the EPA would like you to stay for better fuel economy :LOL:

Just a red area on my 2010 3.8, at 5.5K rpm. And if I get there( in second gear) My ear drums are about to pop with my Magnaflow exhaust.