Open Carrier for a JK Dana 44 Front Axle?

Veritas

Either I have over looked this and unable to have found a form with the answer or its such a bizarre question it has yet to be asked. If some one knows the answer and could point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.

I am in search of either a open carrier, posi, limited slip or something other than a locker that will fit into a Dana 44 Front axle for a JK 2014.

To be exact it would be fitting this housing G2 Axle & Gear Part #: 67-2051JKFL.

From what I found this is your option.

Yea I knew it accepted any locker but I was hoping to find something other than a locker and thought I might ask in case some one with more experience did know. I am not sure if there is a open carrier or something else for the rubi axles but if there was I know it would fit. So if some one else knew that there was another differential other than a locker for the rubi axle, I would be happy to know. But I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Yea I knew it accepted any locker but I was hoping to find something other than a locker and thought I might ask in case some one with more experience did know. I am not sure if there is a open carrier or something else for the rubi axles but if there was I know it would fit. So if some one else knew that there was another differential other than a locker for the rubi axle, I would be happy to know. But I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Why do you want a open carrier? The E or air lockers are the same as a open when they are unlocked.

Nothing, the front axle is a Dana 30 and the housing is bent. I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade the axle to a Dana 44 and was lucky enough to acquire this housing. But I don’t go rock climbing at all and the muddying I do, do I can’t justify the addition 700$ Cost on a a locker on just for a differential for just the front.

Nothing, the front axle is a Dana 30 and the housing is bent. I decided to take the opportunity to upgrade the axle to a Dana 44 and was lucky enough to acquire this housing. But I don’t go rock climbing at all and the muddying I do, do I can’t justify the addition 700$ Cost on a a locker on just for a differential for just the front.

Ok that makes sense, didn't know all this. Have you contacted the places that sells carriers for these axles and asked about a open carrier. I would think one of them would know where to get one.

What about a Truetrac?

They're about $500.

I have em front and rear. Couldn't be happier with them.

Reactions: Brad
Ok that makes sense, didn't know all this. Have you contacted the places that sells carriers for these axles and asked about a open carrier. I would think one of them would know where to get one.
Or maybe if you are really nice to a local offroad shop they may have something sitting on a shelf from a previous project where someone wanted a locker and you could use the old parts.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
I have contacted Yukon and assuming I didn’t misinterpreted what the gentleman said but he told me they don’t even make a locker for metric. I have tried several times to contact G2 with no response or may be I am not asking correctly. I am waiting to hear back from 4wp website, I have seen a few people mention they are kinda the go to people for this kinda housing. I have asked summit, but the answer I got from them was contradicting to the supplier website that they suggested. I do plan on contacting Eaton as soon as I find an email for them. I could not find a number at all.

What about a Truetrac?

They're about $500.

I have em front and rear. Couldn't be happier with them.
If you know of a true trac that fit into a Dana 44 front rubi aka metric. That would be right up my alley if you could be so kind to provide the model or product number it would be sooooo much appreciated.

I haven’t seen a OEM open carrier since a Dana 44 front OEM is the rubi. If you have seen or heard other wise I would be open to this info too!

I think your the first one looking for a open so haven't needed to search for any for someone. I think I read that the front and rear D44's use a different one which is weird unless it's because of a different spline count on the axle shafts.

If you know of a true trac that fit into a Dana 44 front rubi aka metric. That would be right up my alley if you could be so kind to provide the model or product number it would be sooooo much appreciated.

Front rubicon axle is 30 spline inner d44 and 32 spline rear dana 44.

Not sure on part number and wouldn't want to give wrong info. Give a shop a call I'm sure they can help out.

I have a sport so mine would be different than what you need.

I think your the first one looking for a open so haven't needed to search for any for someone. I think I read that the front and rear D44's use a different one which is weird unless it's because of a different spline count on the axle shafts.

Yeah it's the spline counts. Rear is 32 on the rubicon rear d44. Front is 30 for inner spline.