Oil filter housing

Skiteach

I replaced the oil filter/oil cooler on our 2012 JK, now the 2015 is leaking. Seems to be backordered everywhere. Rock Auto shows a cooler, but I'm pretty sure it's the plastic filter housing. Does anyone know of a cure for these failures or what the real issue is? No, I did not change the filter, recently, it is due for oil change.

From what i've heard the cooler is what leaks and you should use the Mopar part because it's supposed to be the upgraded one. The ones aftermarket are probably the same as the ones that are leaking now.

You may want to check I think there is a recall on that and maybe you can get it fixed for free.

I found the Dch Jeep dodge in Temecula ca has a bunch in stock. (Last two digits at AG)
Seems to be a late pet number. Called another dealer ans said nationally it’s a 17,000 unit back order

cheers !

Someone replied that it's varnish that causes the problem. I purchased a cheap replacement, haven't installed yet. I don't know of a way to prevent the varnish, as it occurs "naturally", nor do I know of a way to break the "seal" without torquing the housing. I haven't seen anything on youTube that addresses this issue. I was hoping there was an all metal upgrade or something similar!