Oil change and check engine issue

jackspacz

I recently got my oil changed on my 2015 jk rubicon, (about 3 weeks ago). A week after, I would get a message on my dash saying my oil needed to be changed, I figured the computer was just confused and it would fix itself eventually. However yesterday while driving my check engine light came on and (I don't know if anyone is familiar with this but) the ECO indicator never said ON for my entire drive which is extremely strange. Anyone know what could be going on?

First thing I'd do is check the oil dipstick and make sure the oil level is good.

If it is, they may have just forgot to reset the oil maintenance light. Where did you take it for the oil change?

There are plenty of videos on how to reset your oil change light on youtube.

To understand why your check engine light is on, you'll need to find someone to use a code scanner on it. Most parts stores (autozone, oreilleys, etc) will do that for free.

No idea on the ECO mode.

I recently got my oil changed on my 2015 jk rubicon, (about 3 weeks ago). A week after, I would get a message on my dash saying my oil needed to be changed, I figured the computer was just confused and it would fix itself eventually. However yesterday while driving my check engine light came on and (I don't know if anyone is familiar with this but) the ECO indicator never said ON for my entire drive which is extremely strange. Anyone know what could be going on?
  1. Insert your key in the ignition. Turn the ignition to run/on but do not start the engine.
  2. Fully depress the accelerator/gas pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.
  3. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.

Reactions: Lxxtsy
I wouldn't think the check engine light is related to the oil change. You should scan it and pull the code.

You need the Code, could be way to many things going on. As said - first check oil level, very, very important. Is the jeep running ok?

Reactions: mrjp