Oh Yes The Dreaded Code B2204 ECU Mismatched 2012 JK

DesertHound2012

DesertHound
Supporting Member
2012 JK,
After replacing The OME radiator With an after market aluminum Radiator, Shroud, and Fan. I went with there Relay and switch not using the three OEM relay's witch also have codes,
witch is causing the ECU Mismatch.
If anyone know of a program that can help me bypass them so i can reconfigure my ECU, Would be Greatly appreciated.
trying to get it done in time for Thanksgiving at TruckHaven with the kids and gand-ones. LOL
TY DesertHound

I'm not familiar with that code so I did a quick Google search. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with your radiator swap. Found the below and the attached TSB.

B2204-ECU CONFIGURATION MISMATCH
For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

• When Monitored:
    With the ignition on.
  • Set Condition:
    The Wireless Control Module (WCM)/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM) receives different information than is configured within the module. Examples include Model Year, Country Code, Body Style, Platform, Remote Start, Sun Roof.

Troubleshoot (from the manual):

VERIFY THAT THE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) IS ACTIVE

1.Turn the ignition on.

NOTE:Before continuing, review and check for the following:
  • Review the repair history of the vehicle.
  • Ensure that the vehicle has the correct PCM and WCM/SKREEM installed by verifying the part numbers.
  • With the scan tool, ensure that the PCM and WCM/SKREEM are programmed correctly. Compare the PCM VIN to the WCM/SKREEM VIN and ensure the two VINs match.

2.With the scan tool, clear DTCs.
3.Perform 5 ignition cycles, leaving the ignition switch on for a minimum of 90 seconds per cycle.
4.With the scan tool, select View DTCs.

Does the DTC reset?

Yes

• Replace and program the Wireless Control Module/Sentry Key Remote Entry Module in accordance with the Service Information.

NOTE:If this vehicle is equipped with a Steering Column Lock Module, it must be replaced along with the WCM/SKREEM.
  • Perform the WCM VERIFICATION TEST

Attachments

• MC-10216335-9999.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 134