OBD2 error codes U1118 AND U1119

Here's a possible solution for the U1118 and U1119 code:

The crankshaft sensor signals the fuel injection computer or the ignition control when the cylinders are firing. This causes the ignition coil to provide a spark and the injector to inject fuel into each cylinder at the right time. If either sensor isn't working correctly, the car will run rough and the engine will be less efficient. In later car models, the car's computer can usually keep the vehicle running, but the engine warning light on the dashboard goes on to warn the driver.

Reactions: Duster
Here's a possible solution for the U1118 and U1119 code:

The crankshaft sensor signals the fuel injection computer or the ignition control when the cylinders are firing. This causes the ignition coil to provide a spark and the injector to inject fuel into each cylinder at the right time. If either sensor isn't working correctly, the car will run rough and the engine will be less efficient. In later car models, the car's computer can usually keep the vehicle running, but the engine warning light on the dashboard goes on to warn the driver.
So are you saying try the crank sensor?

If you are not experiencing any issues with how the Jeep operates, I would be wondering if the codes are not left over codes from a previous repair, possibly even triggered by the repair, if some connection was interrupted while the engine was operated. I would consider clearing the codes if the reader will permit it. Afterward drive it for a couple days at least under normal driving conditions. Then recheck the codes to see if they have reappeared. That way you know whether they are real or ghosts.

I agree with Duster. If your vehicle is running as it should and there's no reason to believe otherwise until you saw these codes, try clearing them and see what happens, just as Duster mentioned above.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp