o2 Sensor Questions about Live data

vigalass

Guys> new to the forum as a member but having been gleaning incredible intelligence from you for years. Many thanks. I hope to be able to give back to the forum too.

Jeep = 2012 JK 3.6L , 57k miles, automatic

Recently got an engine light with a P0430 code. My decoding device says bank 2 efficiency is below threshold. Does not say upstream or downstream or cat. So I started monitoring live voltage data to try to determine root cause. When I isolate and compare Upstream o2 voltage data between bank 2 and bank 1 the bank 1 behaves like i would expect. The voltage bounces around quite a bit based upon Air/Fuel ratio variability. The Bank 2 upstream, however, was just pegged as a flat voltage line. Had to be bad so i replaced that bank 2 upstream sensor today (NTK 231612) today and the sensor did start to show some volatility on live feed but not a lot. it can't be correct because it's only moving about 1/10th of what the Bank 1 upstream shows. I would expect bank 1 and 2 upstream to move similarly and with large volatility in voltage as the motor puts out different mixes of Air to fuel burn.

1) Am i wrong about expect upstream bank 1 and 2 to be pretty similar in volatlity?
2) do i have the correct bank 2 sensor 1 part number of NTK 231612?

I may have bad cats but I think i better i figure out my upstream issue before I just buy new cats.

I welcome input, questions, further troubleshooting, etc.

I attached the photo of the Upstream bank 1 (passenger) and bank 2 (driver) before I replaced the bank 2 S1.

Thanks

jeep bank 2 s1 old voltage.PNG

both are bank 1 (B1) sensor 1 and 2, that looks like perfection. You now need to switch sides to (B2)

Bank 2 is on the driver side in USA models.