Not your normal head unit upgrade question...

Bfunck

Good morning and happy Easter to all. I am thinking about upgrading my current Sony head unit. I am not very happy with the color and contrast of the screen. My question is if I decide to move forward with this do I have to rebuy all the "kits"....meaning wire harness, Crux interface that gives the ability to use the steering wheel controls. Or can I just buy a new head unit and for lack of better terms just plug it in. I would assume all I would need is new Metra dash kit.

Happy Easter! If your unsure what you need, call up Crutch field. They're very helpful. I guess it may depend on what you want to install. I know I needed an adapter for my android based unit, but I expect some hu's are plug 'n play.

I just purchased a 2011 wrangler unlimited sport. The radio is not touch screen. When I hit the phone icon says uconnect not available. What is my best option to get uconnect. Can u upgrade the radio to a touch screen with Bluetooth and navigation?

@Tammyj You can get the factory pieces, but it's a lot cheaper to buy an aftermarket unit, and you'll get a better sounding unit as well. NAV updates will likely be easier/cheaper, too.

If you want an easy solution, go to www.crutchfield.com and look around. If you're adventurous, there are Android-based "restyle" units that can do a lot, but require a LOT more fussin' with (I've had two).