Not yet named

Drive mine year 'round, and Meeechigan salts the road like it's a margarita glass. Back when, I drove my Jeeps in the winter because I couldn't afford the luxury of a "winter car". Now that I can, I don't want one. :)

Last edited:
I just changed the fluid in my Auto trans and transfer case, my JK has spent 6 years in the rust belt of the North East and even though the underside looks clean, it took close to 2 hours to remove the four bolts that hold the skid plate in place. Yes I wire brushed the bolts and put penetrating fluid on them. I went very slow and had to use an 18" breaker bar with 1/4 turns to make sure I didn't snap them. I love upstate NY in the summer, however not so much in the winter.

I just changed the fluid in my Auto trans and transfer case, my JK has spent 6 years in the rust belt of the North East and even though the underside looks clean, it took close to 2 hours to remove the four bolts that hold the skid plate in place. Yes I wire brushed the bolts and put penetrating fluid on them. I went very slow and had to use an 18" breaker bar with 1/4 turns to make sure I didn't snap them. I love upstate NY in the summer, however not so much in the winter.

I know what you mean they like using the salt here in the winter also but have been pretty lucky the last 2-3 years haven't had much snow. I made a new to me snowplowing machine and last year I didn't even get to use it.

Reactions: Ghstrydr
BLACKJKU "I made a new to me snowplowing machine and last year I didn't even get to use it."
Well I wish I could say the same, so far we have had a 28" snow fall and a 5" snow fall, I am done with the snow and we are just into the think of winter.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
BLACKJKU "I made a new to me snowplowing machine and last year I didn't even get to use it."
Well I wish I could say the same, so far we have had a 28" snow fall and a 5" snow fall, I am done with the snow and we are just into the think of winter.

Yea one of those snowstorms went past us so fast just to get to you that it only left about a 1" that melted the next day.

BLACKJKU "Yea one of those snowstorms went past us so fast just to get to you that it only left about a 1" that melted the next day."
If another snow storm comes by you way feel free to hang on to it for a bit, not needing anymore of the white stuff here. :giggle:

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Been weird here too... we finally got snow just before Christmas. Prior to that, we'd had maybe an inch total. The big lakes don't have much ice, either.

@Ghstrydr, two words - Fluid Film. :)

JerryD "two words - Fluid Film"
Yeah, it would have been nice if the previous owner did apply Fluid Film, however I was not comfortable applying it over surface rust. What I did so is power spray Linseed oil inside the frame, smells nice too.🙂 If you are wondering what the heck is this guy up to, well, its what us country boys do for protective coating. Yep, it actually works quite well on most any surface, it a water repellent, "Linseed oil paint to protect against corrosion of metal. Iron starts to rust when the metal surface is exposed. For example, oxygen in combination with water. You can prevent rust easily by coating the metal object with an oily shield."

Last edited:
Put on the MORryde Heavy Duty Tailgate hinges over the stock ones. Didn't have any sagging issues yet but I'm sure there would have been down the road.

IMG_1255.jpg
IMG_1258.jpg

Reactions: mrjp and JerryD
Put on the Rugged Ridge seat covers (front and back) and they are as hard to put on as everyone says. 1 man job made it more difficult, but all said and done it's worth it. They seem very easy to clean, neoprene which is a + and very sharp!
IMG_1289.jpg

Reactions: mrjp
Updated the sorely needed stock sound system.

Sony XAV-AX5000 head unit
Rockford Fosgate R165X3 6 1/2 roll bar speakers
Rockford Fosgate PS-8 sub

IMG_1394.jpg

I did not do the knee level speakers or the tweeters in the front. I wanted to see how just changing the roll bar speakers sounded. In my previous Jeep I changed all the speakers and honestly I think spending the time on the front speakers isn't worth it. You get very little true sound from them, and it's a pain to install. So far (after 1 day) the roll bar speakers are by far and away more than needed..

The head unit is great. Having Apple car play is amazing. Can't wait to use it more. Screen does have some glare.. will be interesting with the top off but I'll report back. No complaints - installation would have been a breeze if I didn't F up the ground on the sub. That was fun! :)

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1418.jpg

I have the stock head unit and Uconnect if anyone wants it. I'll be posting it on the for sale forum, but just FYI