Not much heat after replacing A/C system on 2007 JKU

msgraciey

I had to replace the a/c system last year in my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X, and it seems that sometime thereafter I noticed that I didn't have much heat. I had it checked out and I was told that it was ok. As we got into the colder weather, I had it checked out again, had some coolant flushes, and then I had someone go in with some sort of laser and see if there was a block. They were leaning towards a heater core replacement but I was told that by doing this block check, it would provide some heat, and it did for a short while, getting me mostly through the cold earlier this year. Well, it's cold again! I decided to bite the bullet and pay for the heater core replacement but was told that it was the water pump instead causing an issue with the coolant's ability to flow. I asked if this would have affected the a/c this summer because it was cold but not freezing, and I wrote it off because I'm in Georgia and it's really hot. I was told that may have been but they weren't sure. So after the car was fixed today, I was told that it was blowing hot but that it was only blowing out of the passenger vent and right side front vent, and barely out of the other two. This was not a relatively new event, seems like I had a/c blowing similarly this summer. Anyway, they said to bring it back and they'll fish around to see if there is a block or if there are 2 doors, whatever that means. At the same time, as I left, yes, it's warm and will get me through this week until I take it back, but not blazing hot as I would like.
Thoughts? Thanks!

My guess would be that sometime during the A/C repair the heater part was either damaged or something wasn't put back together properly. The mention of a door is a problem with the blend door not working properly, read about it being a issue.

There is an actuator which controls the blend doors; the blend being hot and cool air based on your temp setting. It's about a $150 repair cost.