Not another overheating issue.... plz help

oldirtyblake

Need some help before I drive my Wrangler off a bridge.

2013 JK Sahara. 86,300 miles. Had the jeep since 82k miles. Have had overheating issues for months now that Im ready to trade this in.

Parts Ive replaced (not at the same time):
Thermostat (twice): OE
Radiator
Water Pump
Radiator Cap
Radiator Overfill
Multiple flushes

I have burped this sucker so many times with every step.

It will act like everything works as it should. I can drive it 30 mins and then all of a sudden it will start to overheat up to 240 degrees. Then i can wait for it to cool down and drive another 45 mins and same thing it will then start to overheat. It seems so random and i cant put a finger on the issue.

There's no coolant leaks. Using HOAT coolant. The coolant looks great in the jeep, not milky or anything. No antifreeze smells.

Other issues that I have no idea if they are related:
-I know I have a bad heater core as my heat has always struggled and i have flushed the heater core already.
- I do have a small oil leak on the rear main seal but I dont see how that could relate.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

Are you raising the front of the Jeep up at least 6" when you burp it?

Is your cooling fan kicking into high speed when it starts getting hot?

If you have a auto trans there is know to have a Torque Converter problem that causes the engine to get hot.

Yes- front is raised

Cooling fan kicks on and sounds like a jet engine from the cab

I do have an auto but have not heard of the torque converter issue. Will have to do some research. I dont have any shifting issues *knock on wood*

Yes- front is raised

Cooling fan kicks on and sounds like a jet engine from the cab

I do have an auto but have not heard of the torque converter issue. Will have to do some research. I dont have any shifting issues *knock on wood*

It's something about the Torque Converter staying in Lockup to long after it's supposed to release, so it then gets hot and the heat from it makes the engine get hot.

Reactions: BigAL07 and Duster