No start, no crank

BlissfulJK

Hello JK community. This is my first post. I've had our JK for about 9 months and it's been driven very slightly. Description at end.
I have a new issue with it not cranking.
As a background, never had any starting issues...
Earlier in the day, my wife was teaching our son to drive standard, so he stalled a bit, extra use of clutch and starter.
The day before, I added a fused jumper lead to the heated seat fuse location (not used) for the my light kit.
The PO had added lights everywhere, but no switches or wiring.
The wire was not connected, just clipped into the fuse pin
I had also recently put on new battery terminals as the originals were pretty spent and wouldn't tighten enough
My wife tried to start the jeep, nothing. I went to check it out, no click nothing. I had her pop start it, and it started right up and she went on her way. When she parked it, it would not start again.
I went out the next morning to dive into it, first try it started right away. I shut it off and grabbed my tools. Tried it again, nothing. No solenoid click, no weak crank, nothing.
I assumed it may be a clutch safety switch, relay, or solenoid.
Bench tested starter, seemed to work but temperamental, housing was cracked, so I bought a brand new one and installed it.
No go.
When I turn key I can hear some clicking in the bay, but no solenoid.
Pulled the ignition looked good, pulled the clutch safety switch, jumped the wires, nothing.
I did pull the lighting jumper wire back out as well just in case.
Swapped relays, since then I pulled all relays and bench tested. All test fine.
If I jump 30+87 in the TIPM, the starter cranks fast and strong, but won't start (assuming it won't because of immobilizer).
I'm not sure where to go from here. I checked all fuses, all good.
I think jumping the clutch interlock switch (black to yellow/orange) should bypass that. Not sure what else to check.

I appreciate any help anyone could provide. Dreading taking it to a shop/dealer.

2007 Wrangler JK Unlimited Sahara 6 speed 3.8l
2" lift, 35/12x20

There is another no start thread currently ongoing... I posted this video to determine if the ignition sensor/switch is the culprit. May be worth a check in your case. Note that the "on" position seems to be fine (which could explain your success with a bump start) but the "start" does not work.

Post in thread 'My 2007 Jeep won't start' https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/my-2007-jeep-wont-start.31715/post-462509

There is another no start thread currently ongoing... I posted this video to determine if the ignition sensor/switch is the culprit. May be worth a check in your case. Note that the "on" position seems to be fine (which could explain your success with a bump start) but the "start" does not work.

Post in thread 'My 2007 Jeep won't start' https://wranglerjkforum.net/threads/my-2007-jeep-wont-start.31715/post-462509
I did watch that video already. My red light acts as it should, comes on, thens goes right out. I tried pulling the fuse, also left the battery disconnected for a few days before working on it again.
Also doesn't crank in 4 low.

• Sad
Reactions: tJKrider
I did watch that video already. My red light acts as it should, comes on, thens goes right out. I tried pulling the fuse, also left the battery disconnected for a few days before working on it again.
Bummer... Worth a shot. Just trying to think through all the potential escape points. You have covered a lot of them already.

In that other thread I had also posted a TSB that impacted early JKs. Here is the text:

"If that doesn't solve the issue you can check the IOD fuse for the wireless control module (WCM). There is a TSB for this issue - Technical Service Bulletin 08-007-08. Essentially you just pull the fuse for 30sec to reset and then try starting again."

Bummer... Worth a shot. Just trying to think through all the potential escape points. You have covered a lot of them already.

In that other thread I had also posted a TSB that impacted early JKs. Here is the text:

"If that doesn't solve the issue you can check the IOD fuse for the wireless control module (WCM). There is a TSB for this issue - Technical Service Bulletin 08-007-08. Essentially you just pull the fuse for 30sec to reset and then try starting again."
Thanks, appreciate the responses. I'll try that fuse tomorrow.

Have you checked your battery in your Key FOB?

Reactions: tJKrider