No start, no crank (still) 2007 JK

haha thank you, this jeep is unfortunately 40% rust 55% electrical problems and 5% of god knows what. Previous owner installed a winch, and the ground cable corroded away under the bumper. will probably try removing, cleaning and reseating anything i can find with the TIPM and PCM and see what happens.

Any update on this? 2007 JK, Manual. stopped while driving, nothing with key turn. Checked all fuses, ran ground, new terminals, 4lo trick, pumped clutch. still need to jump the starter pins, and wiggle the ignition wires when the weather cooperates. Also read to check the STAR connectors for the Can-Bus, there should be one behind the glove box.

Did you have your battery checked to see if it was still good, have you replaced the Junk Factory battery clamps and put some HD ones on?

battery is newer, I have a good AGM battery I could test with if needed. we had replaced the clamps, hot previously, ground after this happened. Ran a new ground from clamp to alt, at the same time. I was incorrect before, it was the HOT lead that went toast for the winch. Both the hot and ground lead for the winch had been disconnected a few months back. Security light works as expected as well. I still need to test the starter ( I have my doubts) and fuel pump (same, shouldn't cause no crank anyway). The part that weirds me out compared to some other no start JK stories, is it died while driving, not JUST refusing to crank.

battery is newer, I have a good AGM battery I could test with if needed. we had replaced the clamps, hot previously, ground after this happened. Ran a new ground from clamp to alt, at the same time. I was incorrect before, it was the HOT lead that went toast for the winch. Both the hot and ground lead for the winch had been disconnected a few months back. Security light works as expected as well. I still need to test the starter ( I have my doubts) and fuel pump (same, shouldn't cause no crank anyway). The part that weirds me out compared to some other no start JK stories, is it died while driving, not JUST refusing to crank.

What do you mean the security light works as expected? The little red dot in the upper right top of the dash cluster shouldn't be on if it is then that's your problem.

Reactions: tJKrider