No lift for me

Largehit71

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Was looking to put a 3” lift on my 08 Sahara. I have an extended 5yr/100000 mi power train plus warranty and one of the things it covers is the suspension . Warranty company says “ get lift , void warranty”. Just throwing this out there for those who might buy used in the future and decide to purchase a warranty . Would hate to buy it and find a mod would void it.

If you are a DIY kind of guy, you don't really need to have warranty.
I came from the TJ world and I do not hesitate to take apart anything by myself from these jeeps.

Reactions: Zaythedad
I mainly got it for the tranny. I bought it with 116k on it and just did it for peace of mind. There are a lot of things I can do but have neither the time , space or gumption to pull a transmission .

Always been a worrier. Lol. It’s used and I have no idea how well the previous owners maintained it. Did have my guy look it over before the purchase but....

If I understand correctly, you can get a Mopar lift installed by the dealer and it won't void the warranty.

If I understand correctly, you can get a Mopar lift installed by the dealer and it won't void the warranty.
I’ll ask about that. It’s not a factory warranty . Bought it through Endurance . Did some research and they got good ratings .

Always been a worrier. Lol. It’s used and I have no idea how well the previous owners maintained it. Did have my guy look it over before the purchase but....
I fix my own stuff on my jeeps so pardon my ignorance.
Have you ever used your warranties for major repairs though?

I fix my own stuff on my jeeps so pardon my ignorance.
Have you ever used your warranties for major repairs though?
No problem . Yes I have. Bought a 2005 Explorer new. In 2012 the tranny took a massive crap on me. I had bought an extended warranty when the manufacturers expired. My fault for buying an Explorer. Lol. I can do the work myself and will on smaller things. I’ve always worked a lot and now spend what free time I have playing. Still guilty of grabbing too much overtime. Padding that 401k. Retirement is only 16 years away.

• Sad
Reactions: Oscar-Mike
I’ll ask about that. It’s not a factory warranty . Bought it through Endurance . Did some research and they got good ratings .

Oh, I'm not sure about that then.

It may be worth asking though. I guess the third party warranty is a double edged sword.