Gbatts

Good morning people and Happy New Year to you all. I'm new here and trying to be more hands on with my Jeep Wrangler due to the crazy rise of mechanical costs. Question, I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler with approximately 190,000 kilometres on it. Besides Oil and brakes I haven't done much else. Looking at being more hands with "minor' maintenance. Wanting to change the transmission and transfer case fluid. Some threads I've read about the transmission fluid is due to the amount of kilometres on the Jeep it's better to leave it alone because I may run into some "problems" ... Some expert advice would be greatly appreciated .

Change it.
The idea that doing so will cause problems is urban myth. Have transmissions been neglected forever and then failed shortly after a fluid change? Yes. Because they were going to fail anyway. Because they were neglected. The fluid change won't cause breakage, but it also won't reverse the premature wear caused by the prior neglect. It's purely a case of people not understanding that correlation is not causation.

Reactions: tJKrider
Change it.
The idea that doing so will cause problems is urban myth. Have transmissions been neglected forever and then failed shortly after a fluid change? Yes. Because they were going to fail anyway. Because they were neglected. The fluid change won't cause breakage, but it also won't reverse the premature wear caused by the prior neglect. It's purely a case of people not understanding that correlation is not causation.
Dreams of Flying in a ME 109?

Like other older members who have been taking care of family and parents, this Covid stuff took a real toll on me the last four months. My father (89) has since passed from Covid and I have moved my Ma to my Sisters in Montreal CA. I was able to get STUPID College drunk on Home Brew for the first time in a long while. Just ignore my last Idiotic posts. I dream of one day going to a US airshow and see WWII planes taking to the air. It looks so cool on YTube and it must sound amazing being there. All Good

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Like other older members who have been taking care of family and parents, this Covid stuff took a real toll on me the last four months. My father (89) has since passed from Covid and I have moved my Ma to my Sisters in Montreal CA. I was able to get STUPID College drunk on Home Brew for the first time in a long while. Just ignore my last Idiotic posts. I dream of one day going to a US airshow and see WWII planes taking to the air. It looks so cool on YTube and it must sound amazing being there. All Good
I wondered if maybe some chemical ingestion had played a role. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: tJKrider
I dream of one day going to a US airshow and see WWII planes taking to the air.
It's all good! I don't mind the plane references - my dad was in the USAF and a pilot. I am just getting through a bout of COVID myself.

My house is in the flight path for the historic aircraft that fly out of Willow Run airport in Ypsilanti, MI. I'm a bit north of there but we've seen and heard (and felt) some pretty cool stuff over the years. They even give rides if you're ever in the area:

https://yankeeairmuseum.org/fly/#c47

Reactions: Dirty Dog