New to JKs but not to Jeeps

rockinobsidian

Greeting from southern California,

Just bought a 2014 Unlimited Rubicon X (aka hard rock). Seems like it was hard to find a 1 owner JK Unlimited in the current market.

Prior owner must not have offroaded it much no scraps underneath and they replaced the BFG mudders with all terrains when they wore out the XRC 12000 winch appears never used as well.

Got a new head unit on order and plan on doing a 2-3" lift and 35s.
image0.jpeg

Nice looking Jeep. I just picked up a Hard Rock about 1.5 months ago. A 2015, only 14,000 miles on it. Was a one time private owner and seems to be well taken care of. Has a 6 speed manual which I am really enjoying a stick again. Had a YJ for about 9 years and been wanting to get back to a Jeep the last few years. I have winch sitting in the garage waiting for the mounting plate to show up from JRC off road. Do you know if there is a oil pan skid plate on it? if not do you plan on adding one? I am planning on it, but can’t seem to find one I like.

Reactions: rockinobsidian
Welcome to the board!
I remember Murrieta as a sleepy little village you passed by into or out of Temecula. I think when I moved out of my home state to the east coast in 1992 Murrieta was maybe 15 or 20k people. Now it's over 100k?!? Sheesh.

Reactions: rockinobsidian
Welcome to the board!
I remember Murrieta as a sleepy little village you passed by into or out of Temecula. I think when I moved out of my home state to the east coast in 1992 Murrieta was maybe 15 or 20k people. Now it's over 100k?!? Sheesh.
Its amazing how much it's grown. Home prices have gone crazy too with even more people moving from LA and San Diego to get a bigger house average sale price was 535k last year.

Nice looking Jeep. I just picked up a Hard Rock about 1.5 months ago. A 2015, only 14,000 miles on it. Was a one time private owner and seems to be well taken care of. Has a 6 speed manual which I am really enjoying a stick again. Had a YJ for about 9 years and been wanting to get back to a Jeep the last few years. I have winch sitting in the garage waiting for the mounting plate to show up from JRC off road. Do you know if there is a oil pan skid plate on it? if not do you plan on adding one? I am planning on it, but can’t seem to find one I like.
I'll have to check underneath but if it didn't come from the factory I doubt the previous owner put one on as they didn't appear to offroad much.