New MORryde heavy duty tailgate hinges

417Willyz

JK Enthusiast
74F540EA-6357-48DF-AA82-C096C13ABF10.jpeg
246C6935-CAC8-48ED-9F2C-60CC65977FFD.jpeg

Nice! Will those get rid of tailgate rattle ?

Yes, I had to put these on mine for that reason and I'm very happy with them. They move super smooth and they are greasable to extend their life to longer than the jeep itself. Tailgate is rock solid now.

It did take me awhile to put them on because of the rust I found under the OEM hinges. Fixed the rust and put them on one at a time. completely worth the money.

This thread got me going so I installed a set of MORryde HD hinges today. The quality is superb and I love the fact they send stainless hardware.

I've been worrying about the possibility of extra load on the tailgate since the tire carrier I put on moves in unison. Feel much better about it now!

Reactions: 417Willyz
This thread got me going so I installed a set of MORryde HD hinges today. The quality is superb and I love the fact they send stainless hardware.

I've been worrying about the possibility of extra load on the tailgate since the tire carrier I put on moves in unison. Feel much better about it now!
They are definitely well built and good looking hinges

I don’t know what he means when he says adjusting. They just bolt on and everything was perfect.

Yep, that was my experience as well. Super easy. Do one hinge at a time.

I bet if you take off both original hinges at the same time, the work goes up by 1000%

I don't know why it would be hard to understand that this installation wouldn't be perfect for everyone. Possibly the fact that I have an aftermarket bumper which has a fairly tight tolerance to the bottom of the tailgate along with the tire carrier which attaches to the tailgate. No I did not take both hinges off at the same time.

Reactions: Chris
I don't know why it would be hard to understand that this installation wouldn't be perfect for everyone. Possibly the fact that I have an aftermarket bumper which has a fairly tight tolerance to the bottom of the tailgate along with the tire carrier which attaches to the tailgate. No I did not take both hinges off at the same time.

you are not being attacked man, I'm not sure what would actually be adjustable in those either, unless you had to shim them somehow.

Sucks it didn't work as smoothly for you as it did for the others, it's a jeep mod. For most people they do one thing, but for some they do the opposite. Part of life like death and taxes.

you are not being attacked man, I'm not sure what would actually be adjustable in those either, unless you had to shim them somehow.

Sucks it didn't work as smoothly for you as it did for the others, it's a jeep mod. For most people they do one thing, but for some they do the opposite. Part of life like death and taxes.
Sorry I didn't mean to come off that way. Just wanted to throw out some possible explanation.