New JK owner, can't wait to get this thing dirty!

WestCoastDan

JK Enthusiast
Just picked up a 2015 Rubicon yesterday.
It will join the '03 TJ, '08 Charger, and the '07 Harley.
Can't wait to learn about this new model and the mods that are forthcoming!

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Congrats! Are there any deals out there?
I am looking at 2015 Rubicon tomorrow 2 door 35K for miles. I really need to test drive it and see if I want the Wrangler 2 door.
Around my area it is about 5K less than a Unlimited.

Reactions: mrjp
Congrats! Are there any deals out there?
I am looking at 2015 Rubicon tomorrow 2 door 35K for miles. I really need to test drive it and see if I want the Wrangler 2 door.
Around my area it is about 5K less than a Unlimited.
Deals on good Jeeps are hard to find everywhere. They hold their resale value if they aren't beat to shit or rusted through.
We're happy with our purchase, but it was $5-10K more than we had really wanted to spend.
A one-owner vehicle with a clean title, and ZERO mods sold us though, so we stepped up and wrote the check.

If I recall, 2-door is right around 20% of the total Jeep Wrangler built annually. The 4-door is the bread and butter. As I mentioned on another post yesterday, if you are interested in a 2-door (especially a manual), you can probably make a very good deal on one. It is all about shopping around and being willing to go a longer distance to get it. Use a search site that shows you time on the market. Most do these days, like Cargurus, Autotrader, or even Facebook marketplace. The longer the dealer has had it, the better you may make out on the deal.

Reactions: RKB
This is Rubicon I drove the other day just crazy how clean it is 35K for mileage and they want $34,000 but I think I want an Unlimited. It is just the wife and I so this probably would work. Plus I want the 4.10 rear end and it has the 3.73

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: Jermbob28
I really like Anvil...almost as much as Rhino (but I'm bias). That is clean, though. In the last few months, it seems like prices have ticked up just a bit. I suppose that it is all about budget and what you want. I came across this one, also in Iowa, which looks to be completely loaded (it appears to have originally been sold in Quebec, Canada, so the window sticker is in French)

Reactions: mrjp and RKB
I really like Anvil...almost as much as Rhino (but I'm bias). That is clean, though. In the last few months, it seems like prices have ticked up just a bit. I suppose that it is all about budget and what you want. I came across this one, also in Iowa, which looks to be completely loaded (it appears to have originally been sold in Quebec, Canada, so the window sticker is in French)

Thanks it looks pretty good. I am kind of afraid of the ones that come from Canada so much calcium on the winter roads up there.

I completely understand. My '17 was originally sold in Michigan and the 2nd owner lived in southern Ohio. My Jeep only has 32K on the clock and is relatively rust free underneath. If you were at all interested, I would ask the dealer for a Carfax, which is going to show you how many miles were put on in Canada and when it moved to Iowa. It may have had minimal exposure.