New Jeep owner with aftermarket halo light question

WJC70

Hello everyone. New member here. I recently installed aftermarket 7” led headlights with halo DRL and led fog lights with Halo DRL. I tapped the wire provided for both sets of lights into the 12v acc wire for turn signals on either side. Halos would work every time key was on for a few weeks now they no longer work when my lights are set to automatic. Checked wire I tapped in to with meter and when key is on and lights are on automatic I get no power but when I turn parking lights on I get 12v. Is this an issue with the dimmer switch?

Did you check the fuses in the TIPM, they have a fuse for about everything now not sure on your problem if there would be one.

Reactions: mrjp
Checked all fuses with meter as well. I know the lights themselves work because they come on manually. Just wondering why the wire I used now doesn’t have power unless lights are switched to on at the steering column. When I leave the lights on automatic, once the low beams come on the rings all turn on as well.

Most of these halos are powered by the main power from the lamp if somebody doesn't hook up the secondary wire. Using them as DRLs and blinkers is what the other wires are for.

There should be no power going to either blinker when they are not on, so I'm not sure what accessory turn signal wire you are talking about. But then, I've never had a jeep with auto lights. Mine are connected to one of the signal wires and turn on when I turn the marker lights on. If I wanted them on all the time I would tap into to the accessory fuse in the fuse box.

Jscan allows you to change what the DRLs do when you turn on the start the jeep. An app that any jeeper that makes changes to his/her jeep should have.

Reactions: mrjp