New in NY and an instrument panel question

KalOsborn

Hi everyone!!

I'm happy to be back in the Jeep family.
I used to have a 95 wrangler, but sold it in 2004 when we had kids. It just wasn't conducive to car seats.:rolleyes:

But now I'm back with a 12 Sahara Unlimited and I'm super happy.

I had time to get the freedom tops off and the driver side door too. It was like old times.

BUT....I noticed that when I shut it off, the instrument panel and radio were still on. I walked away for a few minutes, assuming they would turn off, but they didn't. I had to open/close the passenger door to get them to turn off.

Is that normal? I can't find a "button" on the door frame to push in. The dealer is saying that they'll go off eventually, but that concerns me a little. And I can't seem to find a good answer on the internet.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hi everyone!!

I'm happy to be back in the Jeep family.
I used to have a 95 wrangler, but sold it in 2004 when we had kids. It just wasn't conducive to car seats.:rolleyes:

But now I'm back with a 12 Sahara Unlimited and I'm super happy.

I had time to get the freedom tops off and the driver side door too. It was like old times.

BUT....I noticed that when I shut it off, the instrument panel and radio were still on. I walked away for a few minutes, assuming they would turn off, but they didn't. I had to open/close the passenger door to get them to turn off.

Is that normal? I can't find a "button" on the door frame to push in. The dealer is saying that they'll go off eventually, but that concerns me a little. And I can't seem to find a good answer on the internet.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hi what is the current setting of power off delay? Any changes when it 0 delays?

1597182769739.png

To be honest I didn't even know that was a thing. I'm away from home now, but I'll definitely check that as soon as possible!! Thank you.

To be honest I didn't even know that was a thing. I'm away from home now, but I'll definitely check that as soon as possible!! Thank you.

OK, please refer P291 in owners manual to check/change it.