New here! Need some advice

Jino

Hello everyone.

I have a 2016 JKUR, it has a teraflex st1 1.5" lift and fox shocks 2.0.

I was looking to go a bit taller, to fit 35s, and also more comfort on the highways, this setup is shaky!

Is the shocks the cause of the stiff ride? Or the springs?

Should I replace the entire kit entirely or just get separate parts? What parts would be required for 2.5"?

Tia!

Last edited:
How much air pressure you run in the tires?

Going much more then a couple more inches of lift will cost you alot more money to do it right.

Flat top fenders will allow for taller tires.

Depending on what gears your Jk has you might have to regear also for the 35's.

Reactions: Daddyo2373
How much air pressure you run in the tires?

Going much more then a couple more inches of lift will cost you alot more money to do it right.

Flat top fenders will allow for taller tires.

Depending on what gears your Jk has you might have to regear also for the 35's.
I run about 34 psi on bfg km3 285 70 17 tires.
It has the stock 4.10 gearing. Will bump it to 4.88 later.layer.
I dislike the look of flat fenders, though it can be an option if I find some that look decent and inexpensive.

That could be your rough ride then, there isn't much give in those sidewalls with a light weight Jeep.
What would be a good replacement tire?

My 33s tread is starting to wear down, lot of cracks from the rocks.

I do mostly dirt/rock trails, nothing hard-core.

What would be a good replacement tire?

My 33s tread is starting to wear down, lot of cracks from the rocks.

I do mostly dirt/rock trails, nothing hard-core.

I'll let the rock crawlers answer your question my Jk's a street Queen.

Also, this has been bugging me for a while.

When I put my jeep in reverse, it makes a pop sound from underneath. Bad transmission?

How would I go about checking it? Just shake it?

Sorry for the dumb questions.

Put E brake on and transmission in neutral, and then grab the driveshaft and turn it back and forth. Should be no movement in the U-joints.

Also you could jack the rear up just to get the tires off the ground, leave it in gear and turn the tire back and forth and watch the u-joints for movement or making noise. Be sure to block front wheels and E brake off.

There is slight movement in the driveshaft, and makes the exact noise I was hearing.
What are the parts that need replacing?
Put E brake on and transmission in neutral, and then grab the driveshaft and turn it back and forth. Should be no movement in the U-joints.

Also you could jack the rear up just to get the tires off the ground, leave it in gear and turn the tire back and forth and watch the u-joints for movement or making noise. Be sure to block front wheels and E brake off.