New Headlights And Now Weird Problem

Elmicko

I installed a set of LED headlights a couple of weeks ago that I got from Amazon and they do light up the world beautifully. Since I'm not changing out the turn signals, etc., to LED just yet I only wired these into the headlights. While on a trip to the beach last week, my Jeep started doing something funny. The right turn signal is completely normal, but the left turn signal gives a fast blink like there is LED in the system and it's not load balanced. There are no LEDs in the signal light circuit and the headlights aren't connected to the turn signals. What gives?

Did you check if one of your bulbs is burned out? Usually a fast blink means you have a bulb that has gone out. Check your front and rear signal lights.

Reactions: Elmicko
Did you check if one of your bulbs is burned out? Usually a fast blink means you have a bulb that has gone out. Check your front and rear signal lights.

Thank you! I didn't think of that because I've never had a vehicle that did this when a bulb was out. I've checked the front ones but not the rear.

BINGO!!! The rear driver side bulb is out. I didn't think to check because 1) I checked all of them before we went on our trip and 2) I've never had a vehicle do that when a bulb was blown.

Thank you all for the quick help!