New front bumper, cant wait for the winch

theRealCrazy

JK Enthusiast
20200510_181945-01.jpeg

Realized I might have to relocate the vacuum pump to fit it... so that's probably going to be my next quarantine mod!

I am having to replace the Smittybuilt bumper on the front with this one from Rockhard: https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-5009.htm

It has the integrated hitch mount, so all the install will have to do is take the winch from the old bumper and put it on the new one. I am going to have them look at the electrical wiring for the lights since the switch for the fog lights turns everything on. I believe they can set up another switch to turn on the lights with another switch.

While they are doing that, I think I may have them add some lights to the Windshield Mounting area, maybe spot focused.

Reactions: theRealCrazy
Mine had the recessed winch plate as well, but I realized by having the recessed winch the vacuum pump has to be relocated, maybe ask them to do that as well!

Yeah, I have finally received confirmation that the Bumper is on the way. I did have a vacuum. pump relocation kit sent with it. The lights are being sent directly to me, so I'll have to wait for Estes' Freight to get it to 4WP.
Rockhard CC'd me on the email tracking from Estes' Tracking systems, so I know where it is every day.
The lights are coming Friday by UPS to the house.

I figure at least two days to install since they have got to "fix" the electrical issues with having a single switch turning on both the off-road lights and the fog lights. If they can do that I want to buy and have the mount spots at the "A-Pillar" locations so that I can switch everything individually.

With the electrical draw, I may look at increasing the alternator size too.

If they can do that I want to buy and have the mount spots at the "A-Pillar" locations so that I can switch everything individually.

instead of the A pillar i mounted them under the dash, really easy install for pretty cheap too:
YLZEufnXpa-sZzDbuxcGqHoQ=w3000-h1420-no?authuser=0.jpg

the other slots will be for roof rack rear lights, side lights (i do love offroading at night with my group), winch master and usb ports.

Reactions: Chris
Since the switches for my front and rear electric locking differentials are already located on the pillar, I will have light switches located there.

As of today, Thursday, the Bumper assembly is in Memphis, TN so it will be likely next week before it gets to the Atlanta area and is delivered.

I have decided to mount the exterior A-Piller Spots and to support all that power, plus the winch, electric lockers, etc. with the Wrangler towing the travel trailer I have upped the alternator support to a 200 AMP unit (the largest that 4WP had) to be installed while they are doing the bumper and the additional wiring.

It will cost me probably close to a grand in labor costs but better to have people who know their way around Wranglers to t\do the work than even attempt it myself.