New Fog Lights (Saturday Project)

Anybodyhome

USN Retired (1973-1993)
Supporting Member
I installed a pair of Xprite CREE led fog lights this morning. I removed the grille, lower air dam and the cowling behind the bumper. Took the bumper off, cleaned up all the bolts, cleaned up some surface rust and repainted using Krylon hi-temp barbecue paint. Let me just say that once the lights were replaced, the reinstall for everything else took less than 30 minutes.

I also left off the center silver trim piece, leaving a completely black bumper. Little Back to Black and looks like new. Before and after pics:

Jeep 1.jpg
Jeep 2.jpg
Jeep 3.jpg
Jeep 4.jpg
Jeep 5.jpg

Reactions: Oscar-Mike
Did you put a relay on for the fog lights, I see where people have had issues with them working properly without one. Does look better blacked out.

Also there was a couple members that made stubby bumpers from the Factory ones, they look much better that way.

Did you put a relay on for the fog lights, I see where people have had issues with them working properly without one. Does look better blacked out.

Also there was a couple members that made stubby bumpers from the Factory ones, they look much better that way.

No relay required- worked right out of the box. The wiring leads are long enough that they'd reach the newer models where the fogs are more toward the end of the bumper. I have a Pro Cal and these fogs are set as my DRLs. I'll take it out later when it's dark and adjust them.