New door hinges fitting right problem

I bought the big kit off ebay....I don't suggest it they are and quater inch bigger everywhere....the inside hinges don't have the angle for the door clearance to open and close bent the rear corners and rubs on all the other....Idk what ima do try to return and refurbish my old ones or cut and make these work now.....buy beware of aftermarket....now I gotta go to a dent shop

20230812_204448.jpg

20230812_193713.jpg

IMG_20230812_184812.jpg

IMG_20230812_191621.jpg

Send them back and refurbish your old ones. My 2 cents.
If you do this, you will need to be sure to put an isolator layer between the hinge and the doors. Because the factory hinges are aluminum. And the doors are steel. Without an isolator, you get galvanic corrosion. You'll need to replace this isolator as it decays. Many (most?) JK owners will note some degree of paint breakdown (often bubbling) where the hinges and doors meet. The primary cause of this is galvanic corrosion.

Reactions: JeepJeezy
We're they an exact fit. I've been thinking about doing mine. How was that alignment?
The ones I used are an exact fit and replaced both the inner and outer hinge. I had some minor bubbling caused by the OEM aluminum hinges, but these are powder coated steel, so that won't happen any more. The alignment is fine. Like any hinge swap, you may need to do some minor adjustment. There was no shimming required.

I looked on Amazon and couldn't find any SmittyBilt that had both inner and outer. I have a JKU so I need a 4 door kit

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Reactions: SteveF