New 2016 Rubicon Unlimited

ALM

Hello!

I'm new to the forum and new to Jeep ownership. I just bought a 2016 Rubicon Unlimited with a manual transmission. It seems to be in immaculate shape: the underbody was free from dings or signs of leaks, the interior is extremely clean, and it runs/shifts really well. I took it up to the mountains the day after I bought it and did some snow wheeling to get acquainted. It handled wonderfully!

Still, it has 90k miles and I don't know how it was driven before. My plan is to change all the fluids (engine oil, gear oil, transfer case, diffs, brake...). I'm wondering if there any other recommendations on proactive maintenance after buying a used Jeep? I'd be happy to get any advice.

It appears to be bone stock, except the used car dealer put some new tires on that are (a) some Chinese brand I've never heard of and (b) the wrong size (285/70/17 -- I believe JK Rubicons came with 255/75/17 from the factory). I think I'd rather get some new K02s or Wildpeaks that fit instead of putting spacers on the wheels to stop the rubbing on hard turns.

IMG_3459 copy.jpg

Clean any grounds you find and depending on what type of battery clamps i'd suggest getting some HD ones. Electrical Problems seem to be the biggest issues with these Jeeps.

Reactions: Danarch and ALM
Welcome to the forum. I have 2015 6SP JKUR, only 33K miles though. Bought used with under 15K. Daughter drives it as DD, I moved up to a 2006 LJR.