New 2013 JKU Owner Questions

toshman66

Hey everyone, I recently bought a 2013 JKU Sport Manual with 190k KMs on it. The body is in very good shape, but the undercarriage is not so much. Having said that, there are no codes or major issues that I've seen or heard. Well, other than sometimes it needs a couple of trys to get it into reverse. The previous owner lived in the countryside, and the truck was subjected to lots of dust and grime, but it never saw a car wash, let alone a clean!

To pass Safety (I'm in Ontario, Canada), I had to fix the rear brakes and get new tires (BF Goodrich T/As). So far, I've changed the oil and air filter. And, of course, I've done some cosmetic Jeep "mods" like full LED light upgrades, rear tire delete, wheel spacers, and grab handles.

Onto the serious stuff. I want to change the manual transmission fluid, diffs and transaxle. Given the age and mileage, I'm not sure which fluids I should get.

I would like some suggestions, or is it just all moot, and I should get whatever I can near me? Thanks all.

I went with Royal Purple Syncromax for the manual tranny and Lucas 80W90 Heavy Duty Gear Oil for the diffs. I haven't decided on what to use for the transfer case yet. So far, so good. I swear everything sounds smoother, LOL. Placebo and/or butt feel ??